Monday, August 6, 2012

Socks of Infinity


Your touching story of angelic trousers reminded me of a beloved article of clothing that I once had possession of. I dug up an old poem from the recess of my mind that I wrote while I was still in my youth (last year). Through the wonderful power of the Microsoft Word, I was able to remember the poem in its entirety. I would like to share it with you now. It goes as follows:

Ode to my Soccer Socks

Long and smelly
Worn and green
Falling apart at the seems
To my precious soccer socks
You have brought me far
You’ve been with me every day
On the field and in the car
You were with me when I scored a goal
Even though the referee
Tripped in a hole
And didn’t see
Oh my dear old soccer socks
With a hole in the toe
And a tear in the heel
You and I put on quite a show
But alas our games are over and done
So I’ll retire you to your box
But please know I would never shun
Such a wonderful pair of socks



Sink me! I believe I’m a poet.
This is one of many poems written in my 8th year of schooling. But this one is very precious to me. These socks will remain with me forever in spirit. They are in their final resting place. One much like themselves; long and smelly, worn and green (aka the garbage can).
Their memory will live on forever.

Socks of Infinity

No comments:

Post a Comment