"Uchenna"! I don't know if the greeting or the meal that followed was better. The Nkwochas are a less active family from Nigeria. They gave me a nickname meaning God's will. When we first started seeing them they gave us the cold shoulder numerous times. We kept stopping by anyway. I think I'm slightly stubborn. Sister Nkwocha was a relief society President and her husband a branch President back in their homeland.
We got transfer calls today and I am leaving the area. I hope I end up with Elder Tanner in Richmond. I went on an exchange with him last Saturday. It was the best day of the mission. I have never been more unified with a companion. For some reason everybody wanted to listen to us. Thank you for the prayers. He is from San Diego. His birthday was three days before mine. He is way good at water polo. Good times.
Allow me to take a second and answer some of your questions. If I start boring you please hold on-- be patient. With regards to opening the building we gave it our best effort. We typed an awesome paper on our plans to open the building and gave it to the ward council. It was titled "the work of salvation" and frankly looked professional. Elder Merritt is a computer wiz and formatted a paper on excel that would impress any businessman. Unfortunately the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. We changed our plans from opening the building at all hours to opening the building on demand. For example if someone wants to learn some Bossa Nova they can call the missionaries and ask for a lesson. We will then schedule a time to meet with them.
Now on to the next question. I received the Piano Guys music! It made my day. Unfortunately, I am not the best sight reader so I haven't delved as deeply as I would like, but the time may come where I can devote more respect to the music.
Muhammad came to church yesterday. He is Muslim and had to have a special interview to allow us to teach him. He is open and respectful of other religions. He asked why we respect Jesus Christ and how we can be cleansed from sin. It was inspired that all four speakers spoke about the Atonement. In this case it was not luck it was answers to prayers, thank you again.
I hope your Holiday season is filled with Dutch apple pie and merriment-- preferably the pie that comes from Cocos. Stay away from the coconut pie though. Lesson learned, its bad news. I had some questionable coconut pudding atop pineapple bread the other day. Lets just say it will be awhile till we meet again.
Take care now y'all. Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment