A couple highlights of the year: Hazard lights help signal cars to go around your vehicle in the case of emergency. Elder Scott and I realized these hazard lights also help when there are no real parking places in view. If you get back in the car quick enough you will be able to park virtually anywhere. So my heart sank when I saw a lowered Suburban pull up in my peripheral vision. Sure enough the police saw our car and the women walked up to our conversation. Fortunately, she was looking for someone else! Anywho, it was still an interesting experience.
Studies have been great this year! There is so much happiness and peace found between the binding of the Old and New Testaments, the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price. When read daily and pondered continually they become something you can rely on in a time of need. If I remember correctly Elder Scott of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles said a good scripture passage can be like a good friend. The right to prayer and revelation is real. Seek and you shall find.
But I would be less than honest if I didn't say the best part of missionary service is baptismal services. There is no better feeling than watching a brother follow the example of Jesus Christ and go down into the waters of baptism. To be baptized with the same priesthood authority John the Baptist held. When done correctly a binding promise is made and lives are changed. Jesus Christ showed the example by going straight to John to be baptized. He didn't go to an Sadducee, a Pharisee, or anyone in the Sanhedrin. He went to John because he was called before his birth to do the work he did. John's miraculous birth and name change told not only Jesus but the whole community that he held the authority to baptize. So Christ showed the example by going to him. That authority exists today.
We look forward to the memories in store during 2015! But until then take care now y'all and know that I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment