Monday, August 12, 2013

The Game Plan


Wow, wow, and wow! I love the news I receive from home.
 
Good news everyone! We found a basketball court within running distance of our apartment. Morning exercise will be awesome this transfer! The only difficulty remains in following the guideline of having no score or competition. We will make it work.
 
We helped a group of Buddhist nuns change their tire the other day. I suppose I am generous with myself when I say "we". I would be more accurate if I informed you that Elder Simper changed the tire while I watched with fascination. The nuns dressed in long blue robes and blue, bowl shaped hats that led to a point at the top. They talked quietly and expressed their gratitude but were not interested in converting-- not sure why. We must have been an awesome sight for passers-by!
 
We received notice from the zone leaders. Elder Simper will leave the area on Wednesday. It looks like Elder Schwemmer and I will be training a new Elder. Exciting times! I recently read The "Call of Missionaries (Box B)" by Elder Packer. I know that I am in the right place at the right time.
 
Dad-- thank you for being "The Man". I truly hope I honor you in my service.
 
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment