Matt-- Way to go! It sounded like everything went well and you are happy. That makes me happy.
Elder Johnson demonstrated a glorious act of faith earlier today. I set the ironing board up in the middle of our room and jumped over it once or twice onto the couch for good fun. It surprised me to see Elder Johnson behind me preparing for an approach. "Are you sure you want to do this?" He responded with his actions. He leapt over the ironing board hitting it both on the way up and the way down but somehow avoiding tipping the frail piece of metal. He stood victorious on the other side. I looked on in utter amazement. He is too short to do that.
I hope this story does not paint a jovial picture in your mind. This work is most serious. We rise early in the morning to prepare and study the words of Christ. We seek opportunities to help others come unto Him and receive the joy we have felt. We put everything else behind and lift where we stand. There is no better work or cause!
President Ashton and the Brethren have focused on using the members for missionary work. When Elder Ballard came to our mission in January he told us to teach every member starting with the Bishop. We are experiencing exciting shifts in missionary life.
Mom I am so glad you are praying for me. I will pray for you in return (an exchange I am willing to make any day of the week). Let me echo the words that Nathan seemed to repeat last Christmas--"I love our family".
Allow me to end on a doctrinal note. I now that we all have a loving Father in Heaven. He understands what we go through and what we need. He wants the best for us. He sent us His Son to show us the way back to Him. Through Him we make commitments to Heavenly Father that put us on a straight path back to him. Salvation is real and it is not cheap.
One thing we run into a whole lot is people thinking salvation is quick and easy. Salvation comes through a lifetime of being saturated in the Holy Spirit. Salvation comes after all we can do. I love Elder Bednar's talk on the parable of the pickle. It outlines how we can truly become born again. After our hearts and desires are changed and we yield no more to that evil spirit.
Not sure why I went off about that but I enjoyed it.
I love you. No seriously I do.It is not a hollow statement!
No comments:
Post a Comment