Monday, July 14, 2014

The Question

Rachel asked a very purpose driven question. Allow me to respond. First things first.
 
To begin I need everyone to understand the unique bond that Rachel and I share. You see, there is this undeniable connection that nobody can really explain but I'll give it a shot. The best example I can think of off the top of my head is the connection Luke had with his sister Leah in part 6 of the epic Star Wars adventure series.
 
Luke was going through a rough time. He had a dispute with his father which led him to an emotional crisis. Shortly after he fell down a half mile tube and racked himself on an oddly shaped piece of metal. In his distress he called out telepathically to his sister -- and she delivered.
 
So too did Rachel deliver. How did she know I needed an uplifting CD to listen to? She must have simply sensed the situation. I needed something to cancel out the monotony of the Mormon Tabernacle choir. I'm not saying this ensemble is bad by any means but what I am saying is freshness is warranted in such dire a circumstance. As the beautiful voices of a cappella group Vocal Point sing their hearts out my companion and I sing along. Soon enough we won't even need the CD. We will sing the 6 part harmony on our own! Crazier things have been done!

Thank you Rachel for being there in my time of need. I love you.
 
We had another amazing sacrament meeting this Sunday! Similar to last Sunday we had an investigator show up in between receiving the bread and water for the sacrament. This gives me the opportunity to explain why this means so much to me.
 
The sacrament gives us the opportunity to remember the Savior. What better way to remember Him than to bring one of Heavenly Fathers children into the House of Prayer and allow them to feel His spirit?
 
We were playing some BBall the other day when Elder Schwemmer decided to go "ham". He pivoted by his defender in triple-threat formation and blew by ending his drive with a dunk. I let out a yell that rivaled a small steam engine horn and did the little shoulder bump thing with him. That's my boy!
 
We received a brand new "Man Van" this week because our old one went over 50000 miles. With its new cutting edge technology we can perfect the "Texas-dive". This is where a car crosses 2 or more lanes of traffic to make an exit at the last second, preferably not using a blinker.
 
This week's commitment I leave with you is simple. Free yourself from the reproach of man. And while you're at it don't listen to his reviling.
 
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment