In John 17:3 we learn we must know God to have eternal life. That begs the question how can you know God in this world where we are disconnected from Him. I find it interesting that it's actually John that answers my question in his First Epistle General chapter 2 verse 3. Its by keeping the commandments that we know Him.
My mind then wonders to Galatians three which describes the connection of the lower law with the higher law. The lower law is the school master. We are told what to do in order to understand God. Then comes the higher law where we act in faith to understand God.
I suppose I take after Dad-- I'm a simple man. All I want is to know God. And He patiently teaches us line upon line, precept upon precept. Here a little and there a little.
And now that I've mentioned Dad allow me to marinate on the subject. In one of his memorable talks Elder Christofferson says about his father "there stands a man". I'll join him on that. Enough said.
There may have been some confusion on my Star Wars analogy a few weeks back. I never had a conflict with my father and I didn't have an emotional crisis. It was a joke.
When I'm around Elder Sika I'm in my Zen garden. He seems to bring a piece of Tonga with him wherever he goes. I feel the waves of the beach and see the huge coconut trees while I'm around him. I'm also metaphorically "free to move about the cabin". I always feel that is the most freeing statement when I'm on the plane. Its not that I even want to get up. Its just the idea that I have the liberty to do so that makes me so happy.
People have sacrificed so much to allow me to live the life I live. Thank you. I truly live a privileged life.
I saw Josh yesterday, which made my entire week. He is the man. He got his mission call to Mexico. If all goes well he will leave in October. Wow.
It looks like Rachel had a blast at camp. Good times I'm sure along with memories.
I love you so much
No comments:
Post a Comment