Monday, October 20, 2014

Truth

I'll begin with gratitude. Thank you for the prayers. I know every one of them are answered. I feel like the Sicilian on Princes Bride when I say "I accept". And in return I will pray for you. I love this deal we have going here.
When seeking truth who can't recall the verse of scripture found in John 7:17? "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself". I love this statement because it associates the responsibility of receiving knowledge on the learner. The requirement rests solely on the person wanting truth and is independent from anything else.
I also think of the scene in A few Good men. Who can't? Tom Cruise stands up and demands the truth. The legendary conversation ensues.
"You want the truth?"
"I want the truth".
"You want the truth?!"
"I demand the truth!"
"You can't handle the truth!!"
But because of dogged persistence Tom gets the truth which sets his defendants free! The code red had indeed been issued ordering the severe hazing of Lieutenant Santiago which ultimately resulted in his demise. The defendants were only doing what they were told to do. What they were commanded to do.
I also like to take a look at the next verse of scripture. "He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him". If anyone seeks their own glory they aren't from God. 

I am pleased to report the mission will have another Temple trip where the Temple President and his wife will attend and answer questions. I thought this was a once in a lifetime opportunity, but I won't complain. I look forward to preparing and pondering different questions and insights.
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment