Monday, November 24, 2014

Angleton 2.0

During his travels to the land of Manti Alma ran into the sons of Mosiah. It astonished him to see his good friends after so long and what added more to his joy was his friends were strong in the faith of Christ. The reunion must have been joyous.

The new Angleton building stands as a beacon of goodness on North Valderas Street. Good men and women enter on the Sabbath seeking renewing, invigorating strength. And they get what they look for. It is strange to think just 18 months ago I witnessed the commemorative ground breaking of the edifice. There are a few new faces, I'll have to admit, including the bishop. 

Our Bishop is a very curious man. Very spiritual. I've only been around him a little bit but it is obvious he is a very deep thinker-- which makes me really happy. Hopefully I'll get the chance to ask some probing doctrinal questions around him.


As part of their 3 month sabbatical the Vietnamese speaking Elders join forces with the English Elders once or twice during their 2 year sojourn. Elder Scott and I will be together for at least six weeks before he goes back up to Houston to train the incoming group of Vietnamese missionaries. He is incredibly smart and super diligent. He definitely has the gift of tongues. And when I say the gift of tongues I'm referring to the ability to communicate effectively to someone in their native tongue, not vain babblings (Alma 1:32). People are always surprised when he strikes up a conversation with a native Vietnamese speaking individual.

You'll be happy to know Elder Scott and I exercised a whole lot of self control the other day. Two little Chihuahuas didn't stop barking near the end of one of our lessons and neither of us drop kicked the animals out the window. Do we get a Klondike bar or something? 

The news of the baby in the family is great! Welcome Carina Yi Hui Adams! Your presence brightens all of us. I'm going to be the cool uncle!

Sounds like all is well, take care now and be safe! I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment