While teaching His disciples in the Holy Land Jesus taught His revolutionary new direction. "A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another". This dynamic changed His followers outlook on life. It helped transition them from casting stones to casting nets, from finding fault to uplifting, from condemning to encouraging. I love Paul's outlook on this new way of doing things found in Joseph Smith's translation of the bible. "For the good I would have done when under the law, I find not to be good; therefore, I do it not. But the evil which I would not do under the law, I find to be good" (JST Romans 7:20-21). It seems there was a fundamental change that occurred in him.
It was much easier to distinguish Paul as a servant of Christ with this new outlook. In fact it is one of the key indicators Jesus Christ gave to identify his followers. "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another". And who is a greater exemplar of this new commandment than He who gave it? It seems His entire life was marked by service and kindness to others.
I have to say I am very grateful to Texas City for living this new commandment. The branch may be small, but every last person in it is the salt of the earth. I've learned a lot from them.
I pray this new commandment will change me and everyone of us.
Take care now, I love you
No comments:
Post a Comment