Thursday, November 3, 2016

Role Reversal

Last night I practically fell asleep on my feet when I got home. The office had their first appointment at 6 am, we worked through lunch because of an emergency appointment from a missionary in the field with a horrible toothache. They had to travel 2 hours by bus to get here. Then worked till the patient left at 5 and then cleaned up.  It was late when we got home but my feet and ankles thought it was close to midnight. I sat at the table and kinda stared off into space.
Meanwhile Jeffrey looks in the fridge (at the groceries he bought) and made a wonderful pesto salmon salad with tomatoes, peppers and other colorful things. It really hit the spot. Then before I even got up he started the wash. Now that was a real blessing. If you don't know about washing clothes here, see previous post.
I did the minimal dishes we had and got ready for bed. By then Jeffrey had hung up the wash and was ready to go to bed too. Nice day at the office.

The wonderful part of the day was the glorious sunrise and then when we got home the fantastic sunset. I'll have to post another day some pictures of paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment