Monday, July 1, 2013

Happiness


For some reason I struggle to find an appropriate title for my messaging so I will revert back to my comfort zone using cliché words.
 
We received a telephone call from the senior zone leader this morning. He informed Elder Marchant and I that we would be separated. I am leaving the Angleton area. He further explained that I will train next transfer! I'm not sure what is going down but we know it is inspired with President Ashton. There are so many changes in our mission-- different areas and leadership positions-- even the way we spread the gospel is changing. I wouldn't be surprised to see this mission split with the influx of missionaries coming in. It looks like there are more Sisters coming in than Elders!
 
Answers to questions: I do drive a car and bike around. Every car in our mission has a bike rack. There are three cities in our area so we drive to a city and bike there.
The picture of Elder Marchant and I was not taken by another Elder. Elder Marchant perched his camera skillfully on the topmost part of the bike, that of the seat.
 
I love the promise made to missionaries in D&C 68:6. "Be of good cheer...for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you." I will do anything to be on His team.
 
I am grateful to have goodly parents. I look back on my childhood experience and see how mom and dad (sometimes subtly and sometimes not) tried to create an environment for the Spirit to witness to my spirit the truths of God. Thank you for all you did and do. I will honor you and will pass it along.
 
Love you. Take care now.

No comments:

Post a Comment