In the LDS missionary world you learn quickly to avoid backing up vehicles at all cost. If you do not learn this lesson early on your companion will have to escort you. Bearing this in mind my companion and I thought it pertinent to flip a u-turn on an old country road. We didn't fully keep in mind the gravity of the situation -- there are shallow water ditches on either side of the roads in Angleton. When we flipped around we realized there wouldn't be enough room so Elder Marchant advised me to get out of the car and back him out. As he put the car in reverse the car lurched forward into the ditch! Adrenaline instantly rushed through my body. I jumped into the ditch and said a silent prayer, simultaneously. I pushed with all my might as Elder Marchant spun the wheels on the wet grass. The car made it back up the ditch. I hopped out of the ditch triumphantly and continued to celebrate in a similar fashion as Michael Jordon (when he beat the jazz with his last second shot). I consider it a miracle.
Did you watch the missionary broadcast to the world on Sunday? It was so amazing. Missionaries will finally be trusted to enter the 21st century and use computers! How cool was it to see the use of technology in the presentation itself. There were several video chat rooms set up and the video during the hymn was awesome! It is awesome to be a missionary during this time.
Can you send me a few pictures of the family? I can use them to start conversations. My address is 1100 Buchta Road apartment 911 Angleton Texas 77151.
I love you and pray for you
| Philosophical statement or WAS is a name........ |
No comments:
Post a Comment