Diamond moved from Liberia about a month ago. He is slightly shorter than me and extraordinarily strong. He grew up playing soccer. He is 31 and has been away from his mother for 13 years. He has the best questions. He likes finding little questions especially with the commandments. For example he asked whether police men should be able to work on the Sabbath.
His sister Clarice is also investigating the church. She hadn't been reading the scriptures so we had a lesson on scripture study. We opened to 2 Timothy 3:15-16 and talked about what it means to feast upon the words of Christ. Afterward we invited her to read the Book of Mormon every day and she accepted. Sometimes it is good to address the situation directly.
People like boldness. They do not like you to waste their time. They want you to say something meaningful and important.
I remember one p-day (the p-day of all p-days) with Elder Marchant where we played basketball at the local rec center. Of course we gave our utmost effort at not playing competitively or keeping score in any way. Although if we did keep score I am pretty sure it would have been 11 to 10 our lead playing by ones. Who knows though.
Anyway it was one of those days where Elder Marchant and I were on fire! We hit shot after shot and when one of us got cold the other would get on a role. Good times, good times. I am not sure why that needed to be said, but here it is--enjoy!
Take care now y'all and I love you
No comments:
Post a Comment