Elder Dawe drove us up to Mission Bend to be with some friends he knew that got baptized last Saturday. On the ride up we saw familiar landmarks that sparked memories of this area. As you may recall I served in Mission Bend as well a while back so we both had a lot to talk about. We reminisced in good times and arrived at the baptism with time to spare.
I'll have to admit the baptism was unique. The women that was baptized has a phobia of water. As she went into the font her breathing grew heavy. Elder Jensen struggled to baptize her under the water completely. It took several tries and silent prayers in the audience, but she overcame. It was pretty cool to witness. Her children that were baptized had a similar struggle but all came off the conqueror. I'm reminded of the scripture "Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ".
I hope I don't sound too nostalgic. Sometimes we can come off a little overbearing when we get caught up in good memories. There is defiantly a balance here as with everything. For example we love the photos and videos of children and grandchildren but we don't need to witness their every step via camcorder or smart phone!
But there are certain things we must remember-- that God has decreed we remember. We must remember Jesus Christ. Shortly before His death He instituted the sacrament and told His disciples to eat and drink in remembrance of Him. They began gathering on the first day of the week to remember His Resurrection, life, and sufferings. When we partake worthily every week we are given the spirit to lead and guide us through our earthly journey. When we look to Him and live we can overcome the struggles of life.
I'll close with Jesus Christ's words to Joseph Smith "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."
I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment