Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014


"Is Sheena Home?" We needed to follow up on the referral within 24 hours but we didn't catch her. So we went next door. Al kept pulling the cord on the lawn mower and the lawn mower kept doing nothing. It would rev up for a second then die down. Fortunately Elder McCleve can fix lawn mowers. Well, at least he can act like it. So in a casual tone he asked for a screw driver or quarter for which he would take the air filter off. He got the quarter. We both prayed silently as he poked and prodded at the sputtering mass of metal. He got up to try and turn it on one last time. One try, fail, another try, one more fail, then finally and beautifully the engine exploded into action. Success!
 
Elder McCleve is from Washington. He has the gift of tongues. He knows French, Portuguese and a little Spanish mixed with a few other languages. He is a really good bass and has learned how to play a slew of instruments.
 
Sorry Karl Marx, I cannot agree with you. Religion is not the Opiate of society. Opium is the Opiate of society. Religion is what's going to save society. Mordecai faced the same religious persecution we see today. He didn't bow down to the king. He thought and acted for himself. So Haman decided to take care of him and the Jews. Thank goodness Esther was there to save the day.
 
Religion is the catalyst of society. The stimulus that gets people to do things they wouldn't normally do for the benefit of their neighbors. The simple understanding that we are all brothers and sisters of our Heavenly Father must be understood for society to function for a prolonged period of time. Simple truths like this change us into men and women with eternal perspectives. Anywho. . .
 
Elder McCleve and I went to the mission choir practice this morning! Fun stuff. I don't think Sister Chang liked the fact that I was sewing Elder Cordtze' shorts while the director wasn't working with the Tenors. What am I supposed to do? Sit there and stare off into space without a purpose? Without an objective?
 
My shirts are actually holding out decently. I've invested in Shout detergent and have witnessed tremendous results.
 
Family -- know that I love you! Be safe now y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment