I went to the Temple yesterday. Thus the late email.
As I read the scriptures daily and visit the temple every once in a while I find doctrinal nuggets. Now these nuggets needn't be confused with chicken nuggets. Although chicken nuggets are decent when dunked in ketchup. No, the nuggets I am speaking of today are the kind that don't leave after a mere 48 hour stay. I am talking about the life changing insights that shape a growing man's very character. I'm talking about the thoughts that are whispered through the mouths of Angels on a daily basis.
Conference is the best. As I listened to the morning speakers I had the characteristic feeling of being in a holy place. I am very excited to listen to the rest of conference.
We play basketball every morning with President Ashton at the Lexington building. At one point he was given the monumental task of defending me. He even told his squad that he would rise to the occasion. Shocked, I asked him very seriously, "President, are you sure you want to guard me?" The response came quick-- "I figured I would have a better chance with you than Elder Jones!" Haha!
Allow me to illustrate a glimpse of time to help you see life in Alief. Elder McCleve and I sat in front of Sheila. She is a police officer who works on Sundays. She believes in the Bible and wants to come closer to God, but the whole "Mormon" thing is strange to her. We dove into the doctrines of the gospel which included our relationship with God, Prophets and the Restoration of the Priesthood. As we spoke we didn't recite memorized sentences, rather, we spoke from the heart and were led by the Holy Spirit. Judging by the confused look on her face we have a long way to go when it comes to teaching. But we give it our best.
I love you very much! I was reminded of your love for me in the Temple. I am thankful for your prayers!
| I'm wondering what the significance of these bundles of branches are? Service project? |
| Michael and Elder McCleve? |
![]() |
| Has anyone actually been to the Houston Temple? (Besides Michael) |

No comments:
Post a Comment