Jeremiah received life changing information early on. The Lord told Him he would be a prophet. This meant he would live a life of luxury and bliss right? Actually in Jeremiah's case it meant the opposite.
The chief judge of the temple threw Jeremiah into the stocks. The people later slammed him into a dungeon filled with mire. All because he said what needed to be said and did what needed to be done. Jeremiah ended up seeing the ultimate downfall of his city. He saw lives ruined, possessions broken and families scattered. He never denied his faith.
After all this he laments and draws some awesome conclusions. My favorite thought he shares with us is found in Lamentations 3:27. "It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth". It is vital that young people are challenged. They need opposition to grow just as a baby chick needs to break through the prison walls of its shell. If you rob a man of his yoke he will fall into the clutches of apathy and slothfulness. I am so grateful for my mission. God is good.
As a side note Jeremiah participated in some awesome revelation while he was in prison, similar to our beloved Prophet Joseph Smith.
Israel will be gathered and every family will receive the priesthood (Abraham 2:9-11). It isn't because Israel is righteous (Deuteronomy 9:5). Its because that's what God has said.
Basketball is really fun in the mornings. I was on one of my unstoppable sprees when Elder Jones decided to throw me to the ground. This is the only way to play! And of course we wouldn't get competitive.
I will find out who my companion is on Wednesday. I pray I will be able to serve him the way the Lord would have me serve. And I'm not going to lie, I hope he plays basketball.
I love you very much, I know you're praying for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment