Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 3, 2014

Ruth was a Moabite. She eventually married into Israel. She is a direct ancestor of David and therefore Jesus Christ. Well I suppose she isn't a direct ancestor seeing that He was born by power of the Holy Spirit and Mary knew no man at the time. Still intriguing.
So you looked up Friendswood on Google maps. This is my home! We go outside and ride our bikes with our chin up! We carry the truth. Our loins are girded and our feet are shod with the preparation of the Gospel. We are like young lions after the prey!! Well at least some of the time.
You asked if I am well. I must answer in the affirmative. The news of Sheila's passing came at a perfect moment. That night I had a nice piano sesh/ pity party and the next morning I dunked on some poor guy who didn't know what hit him. Life is good and I'm grateful for the opportunity to rise up and be a man.
On to your question about finding investigators. It is an interesting game. We rely on the members for referrals and are expected to open our mouths at every opportunity. Sometimes it feels awkward to bike up to someone getting into their car or jogging down the street so we try to pounce at opportune times. I'll admit I have a long way to go when it comes to opening my mouth. I'm going to start a jazz piano class to get people into our church and feel the unique spirit as well.
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment