According to Merriam-Webster's dictionary the word meek means enduring injury with patience and without resentment. For some reason this is a very beautiful statement to me. "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth". I think about Isaiah's prophecy of Jesus Christ "I gave my back to the smiter, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair. I hid not my face from shame and spitting". He goes on to explain "Who will contend with me? Let us stand together. Who is mine adversary? Let him come near me, and I will smite him with the strength of my mouth". There is great power and strength in meekness.
We walked up to this man the other week. He told us he was a member but hadn't come for a while. "So you want to come tomorrow?" His reply, "not tomorrow but next week". And he came. The local members were surprised. "Tommy is that you!" That was a really fun experience. The Lord will gather His people.
I love you very much! Remember, smile then smile bigger!
No comments:
Post a Comment