Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Spirit Burning

Thank you for the package mom. Every time I receive a package I think "wow, perfect timing". I consider the lilies. They don't really do anything but Father in Heaven watches out over them. He looks over me as well. Its fun to see things come right when I need them.
 
We chatted with a minister from the Church of Christ yesterday. We relayed our beliefs and our viewpoints. One of the members of his congregation invited us over. As I spoke and listened there was no fear or anxiety in me. The truth stands. It's interesting to see how sure someone can be about a falsehood. God always establishes His words with multiple witnesses. In the days of the Old Testament Balaam was the extra witness. In the days of Christ John the Baptist was an extra witness. In these days the Book of Mormon is an extra witness.
 Of course we were extremely kind and courteous to our newfound friend. We are all brothers. But when all is said and done the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Bottom line. It becomes a stone of stumbling to those who try and reject it.
 
If we wanted we could have led that conversation into a "Bible bash". But we save all bashing for the "white-bible bash". This is where two missionaries have opposing opinions on what is to be done in certain situations. For example-- "should we wear suits to DLC?" Then the missionaries duke it out. But I add my question to the mix. "Will wearing or not wearing suits to DLC get me into the presence of God?" Because that is all I really care about.
 
I suppose I've never fully grasped the idea of communal righteousness. I make my decisions based upon what God tells me and I trust you to do the same. I really don't care if I look honorable to you in the process. In fact I'm told not too (D&C 121:35)!!
 
The Spirit of Burning that Isaiah speaks about comes now and then. It's that refiners fire that singes us clean of past mistakes, regrets, and short comings. It turns us into new men and women. I'm sure Joseph Smith felt this during the lost manuscript fiasco. He thought he may have lost his soul. That's brutal, but its good for you. You may not want it but you need it.
 
I love you very much and pray for you I'm excited that Matt and Debbie are expecting and I'm sure you're super happy. Believe it or not that makes me happy! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment