I enjoyed the message you sent about the Temple. I'll need to finish it at some later time. All that I've learned in the Temple can be summed up in a simple line of a favorite primary hymn. "How could the Father tell the world the Pathway we should go? He sent His Son to walk with men on earth that we may know".
We've been working with Candice for a little while now. She lets us in and wants a church home. One night as Elder Baird monologued about something or other with her I saw a piece of paper on the ground. Little did I know that this paper had a specific mission in life. It's creator put very sticky glue on top in order to catch small rodents such as rats and mice. I decided to step on it not knowing the full consequences of such an action. When the paper stuck to my foot I realized I was in a sticky situation. I wonder what Candice thought as I tried to slowly peal the paper back which led to me yanking the object which clung so desperately to the heal of my shoe.
The only thing better than a Whataburger sandwich is a free Whataburger sandwich. Elder Schwemmer and I were on exchange when a man bought us double meats. We were fully satisfied but I'll be honest I could of gone for the triple meat. If you haven't sunk your teeth into an authentic triple meat Whataburger sandwich your missing out on the finer things of life.
I ran into John the other day. He was very up to date with Jewish teachings and theology so we had a very fun conversation. He showed us some original translations from Hebrew of words from the bible. It was fun. He was a little quirky but who isn't. Everyone has a quirky flag. Might as well fly it high.
As I look back on the past four years of my life I realize how blest I really am. Of course I realize I come from great parents and have a loving family but I don't want to risk sounding unmanly so I will avoid that part of the conversation. What I really wanted to communicate today is how God masterfully weaves our life. Past experiences lead to decisions which shape our future. Think about Alma when he left Helam. He led a people without a king. He went to Zarahemla and told Mosiah of his experiences. The Nephites later received a new form of government not allowing kings to reign with an iron fist of justice. Instead wise judges dealt with social and political issues that struck at the very core of society. So it is with everyone. You will have great experiences that will help you along the path of life.
I frankly believe it was inspired that I work at a daycare before the mission.
I send my love and affection in the form of a cold hard email. How impersonal but this is all I have to work with so you're gonna have to meet me half way. Please except my deepest respect and love.
You're favorite son-- take care now, I love you
No comments:
Post a Comment