The fan swung from the ceiling at its max setting. Elder Baird finished gathering his things and looked up. I stood there with my hand above the fan and threw a quarter through without it touching the fan. " Elder, how did you do that?" My response, "sometimes you just have to feel it, now lets go out and teach". I didn't mention that there was really no method and that it was pure luck. Why would anyone need to know that?
And teach we did! Jose honked his horn while we were biking past the local McDonald's and requested a scripture of comfort. We led him to the sermon on the mount. So many beautiful scriptures of comfort and solace.
For example, "blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God". I hope my heart is pure.
Matt I am super exited for you. I briefly considered doing a Michael Jordan style victory fist pump on the computer desk in the library and then continue by waving my arms up to get everyone else riled up as well. But something constrained me. A deep force within stifling my true inner spirit. The only problem with Duke at this point is Jabrari Parker entered the NBA draft. Isn't that why you wanted to go there in the first place? Or was it because Duke has one of the best medical schools in the nation? Either way I'm proud of you my man.
With best regards and warm wishes (might as well throw in humid wishes)
Elder Adams-- I love you muchly
No comments:
Post a Comment