Monday, May 20, 2013

Companionship Unity


I will never guess where my competitive gene comes from. As I read mom's gripping story of Dad's bidding war over sister Nausin's legendary German chocolate cake I actually laughed out load in the middle of the Angleton public library. My companion looked at me with his "what's going on over there" look and I had to play it off like nothing really happened. The words of my father and the joy of the saints sink deep into my soul, as did with Enos.
Elder Smith is getting transfered tomorrow so let me take a second to prove to the world how unified our companionship grew. We noticed early on in the transfer that we would wave simaltaniously to random pasers by without having a premeditated determination to do so. The stranger would usually feel blitzed at first but he would eventually apprietiate our gesture and respond with a wave in a similar fasion. We further explored our unity by syncronizing our greeting with both hands-- first with the right, then with the left. I give this story only to illistrate the depth of our togetherness. Keep in mind this is only the tip of the iceburg.
I recieved the package you sent with the music. Thank you so much. It will be used.
I am grateful to carry the Adams name on my shoulders. It means a lot and I have been taught to live up to it. There are certain expectations that come with the name. I am also grateful to have taken the name of Christ upon me through baptism. There are certain expectations associated with this name as well. (Mosiah 5:5-7). We are to keep His commandments and stand as a witness of Him in all times and all things and all places. We reaffirm our alligence to God each week in the Sacrement. Through it we show that we "are willing to take upon us the name of [Christ], and always remeber Him, and keep His commandments".
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment