My companion was thrilled to recieve recognition from the our zone leader, Elder Barker. He has been working hard on becoming a better missionary-- particularly in his overall countenance. He decided to perfect the "comb-over" last week. He spent a good portion of his morning preperation time in the bathroom molding and sculpting what seemed to be unruley hair. But at last he did "come off the conquerer". He stepped out off the bathroom with his best attempt a couple days ago before zone meeting. We have certain criteria to judge the effectiveness of a given part. Let me explain. The line must be straight. We need to see scalp from one end of the head to the other. All hair must be tidy and well kept. He succeeded in every category and was rewarded with an interesting comment from the ZL. "That's a Bednar part".
I hope I have not offended any readers thus far with my levity. It is something I will work on, as did Joseph Smith when he was around my age. My only aim is to uplift the viewer -- make him or her feel at home with a sense of comfort and peace -- as I update the Adams clan of my involvement in the Angleton area.
The area before mentioned remains an important part of my life. Everyday we work to bring souls unto Christ by inviting them to receive the restored Gospel. We teach that we all can come closer to Him by having faith, repenting, being baptized, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. As we teach I see the realization sink into the investigators heart. He thinks, "Does this mean I have to change?". This is the critical moment when he decides for himself. Either he thinks " I don't want to change so the message isn't true" or " Wow... this is kinda crazy, I'll give it a shot."
I am grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary. I am grateful to know that I have a Heavenly Father who knows me personally. He gives liberally to all who ask him sincere questions. I am grateful for the very Eternal Father of Heaven and Earth, even Jesus Christ, as Amulek teaches us (Alma 11:39). I am grateful to be his seed as Abinidi taught (Mosiah 15:11). He created a way to come back to Father in Heaven. He came to the Earth and lived a perfect life despite sickness, illness, and all the other obstacles that faced him (Mosiah 14). As we come closer to Him He comes closer to us. What He says goes -- bottom line.
Let me answer some of the questions from your last email. My address is 1100 Bucta Rd. 77515 Angleton Texas. As far as I know it is safe to send packages directly to me. My companion got a package a couple weeks ago. We had to go to the post office for some weird reason, but it eventually landed safely in his hands.
I love you all! And in the words of a Texan, take care now y'all.
Elder Adams
No comments:
Post a Comment