One of the names Prophets have given Jesus Christ is The Everlasting Father. We had a unique opportunity to testify of Him this week. An opportunity never to be forgotten.
During His ministry Jesus Christ taught at the Temple often. On one such occasion He took the time to explain who He was before He came to earth and in the treasury of all places. I love the dialogue that took place, "your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it and was glad". Then said the Jews unto Him, "thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?" Jesus said unto them, "verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was I am". Then the Jews started to pick up stones and tried to kill Him-- to no avail. But why did this statement unsettle them so much?
The term "I am" used here in the Greek is identical with the Septuagint usage in Exodus 3:14 which identifies Jehovah. Jesus Christ was essentially telling the Jews that He is their God. A statement that would make them change there ways if it were true, so they rejected it.
We were blessed to offer the same statement of belief the other day. Jesus Christ is Jehovah of the Old Testament and Jesus Christ of the New Testament. He is the the beginning and the end, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.
Now lets keep in mind that Jesus Christ is separate from Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost. Steven made that clear just before his martyrdom. He was filled with the Holy Ghost and saw the Glory of God and Jesus standing on His right side.
I love you
No comments:
Post a Comment