The planners decided to lay the streets of Texas City in a grid system, so its basically a utopian society for incoming missionaries. But thats really just the tip of the iceburg. We have the ocean to our east and Swan Lake to our south. Its legitimatly called that. Our apartment complex shares a weight room and half an indoor basketball court. So I'm gonna get huge this transfer. The second night in Town the Lorenzo family invited our apartment of four Elders for a steak dinner. The one inch thick ribeye covered the surface area of my entire plate so the corn had to go on a seperate plate and the homemade chips and qeso didn't get the opportunity to call any plate home. Instead it went directly in my mouth which I'm perfectly fine with-- I won't fight it. The Lorenzo's family friend Fred had the quote of the night "if evolution exsisted wouldn't naked people wonder out of the forest every once in a while?"
Our apartment of four decided to live the united order for groceries this transfer. This differers from the free market capitalist economy I've been used to for most of my mission. There isn't any trading or hoarding. Its come one, come all. Its like playing Monopoly and not having to pay rent when you land on someone else's property because it turns out its actually your property! Every time you pass Go you collect 200 and your excited for the future! It turns out our area is a bike area so we have a monopoly on eating whatever.
We discovered a set of dart guns in the back of the North Elder's closet earlier this morning. Needless to say we had fun. At one point they pinned Elder Pearson and I behind the doorframe. The only way out was through. In an Arnold Swarzenneger voice I cried "get down!" and squeezed through the room doing back-flips and hitting everyone else while airborn. I left the room unscathed, ready for more.
On the day of Pentecost Peter convinced many they killed the wrong man. He taught the Jesus Christ was the chosen one and they hung Him on a tree. When the realization sunk in they repented and continued in the faith of Christ by breaking bread and going to the Temple daily. Later Peter heals a man at the Temple and the people are in amazment. Wouldn't you be? Peter took this moment to call the people to repentance again. But what were they doing wrong? They were breaking bread and going to the Temple daily. What more would he ask of them? It turns out he asks them to repent of ignorance. He is inviting them to not follow blindly, but come to know the Savior.
I love you
In case you wanted to know I (mom) looked up Texas City -
No comments:
Post a Comment